Saturday, April 18, 2009

The grocery store girl

I got hit on by a girl at the grocery store the other day. Not that unusual to get hit on by either sex at least once in a blue moon, but this time, my boyfriend was right there with me. On the few occasions that I have been approached by a guy while he was around, I would merely make it obvious we were together and that was that. But come on? How many times does a girl even hit on another girl without first knowing if she even swings that way first? Maybe that's why, for the first few minutes, I didn't even get it.

She was helping us bag our groceries when she started talking to me. I must admit, she was quite cute in a slightly boyish way. Sweet smile, sandy blond hair, and a light sprinkle of freckles, which I adore anyway. But I honestly hadn't even been looking at her like that. She began asking about the beer we were buying, telling me about a type she enjoys, and before I knew it, my boyfriend was poking me in the ribs and winking at me. She went from idle chit chat to how she was going out, that I should totally go, she knows a place that serves the beer she mentioned, she would totally buy the first round, etc. She was so slick that I didn't even notice that she was finished bagging us up, my boyfriend was standing behind me with the heavy groceries, and we were still talking. Wow, talk about an airhead moment. She even said I should ask for her next time I come in. Sweet...

I must admit, I was flattered. She was younger, obviously quite confident, and picked me of all people to try her game on. That doesn't happen that often to me, guy or girl. And as soon as those automatic doors closed behind us on the way out, the bf immediately blurts out "She liikkes you!" I'm sure I blushed a little. Even still, ego boost duly noted.


No comments:

Post a Comment