Monday, March 23, 2009

Good weekend...

The weekend was good. I had a barbecue at the house, some people came over, it was a lot of fun. I got to see some friends and aquaintances I hadn't seen in quite a while, and even meet a couple new people who up until now I had only seen in passing. It was a really good weekend for me to unwind, especially after everything with the bf hit the fan this past week. I really thought for a second that this shit ruined us. I guess I have to get a grip though too, because it isn't always easy dealing with me. You do kind of see who your friends are when you go through a rough patch with a significant other though. My friend Anna, for example, refused to come. I have NO idea why, as if it really had anything to do with her at all. Whatever, my girl Cheri did, and that is always nice. She lives a ways away, so we don't hang out as often as I would like, and she works crazy hours so we only get to talk once in a blue moon, but we still manage to stay pretty close.

Cheri came with her hubbie, along with a couple girls from the burlesque party a few weeks ago. It was cool to see them in a totally different element, even though the two main girls at the party are now on the outs, but they managed to stay civil. Another friend of a friend came with her boyfriend and it was nice to see her again, since I hadn't for more than a year. She had her first child so she has been pretty busy with that. My good friend Nicole showed up too, and that is always nice. She is my wine girl. We can enjoy a glass of red together while the rest of the lot drinks beer or Crown. Not that we don't love our beer, but at that moment, we just wanted a glass of the good stuff. Ah, good times.

I think I will have another barbecue when it warms up a bit more soon. I really did enjoy everyone there. And being that me and the Mr. were going through a bit of a rough patch, it was nice to just unwind and enjoy the moment for what it was. I do live for moments, don't I? This was no exception. Next week, my bff Tiffany is having her housewarming, and I am sure to see many of the same people again. I hope so actually. There is one girl there that I find exceptionally pleasing to talk to...but I won't get into that right now. I need to slow down before I hurt myself. Haha, I don't even know this girl. But she just has that, thing, you know? Boy, the bf and I really need to have a talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment