Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is confession really good for the soul?

I have been thinking a lot about myself and who I am recently, and how much it seems to help that I try and put it all into words. I like having a bit of myself to look back on, especially a part I have yet to share with anyone else. I really want to tell my best friend and my boyfriend how I feel but it seems to hard. It also seems stupid. I guess it isn't really, since I feel so strongly that yuri is who I am, but at the same time, I wonder if it would even be worth it. Can I stay in my little world forever without anyone ever knowing? What if I can't? What happens if it all comes out one day?

I worry about who I would hurt. Obviously, my boyfriend comes to mind right away. The thing is, I don't necessarily feel like I HAVE to act on my desires. Sure, I want to. I have been tempted to on many an occasion. But what if by confessing, it doesn't come on as strong? Since I have always lived with the way I feel bottled up inside, I can't really tell if spilling would help at all. The way I am is so whacked out and unusual that I can't even compare myself to anyone. What is my boyfriend supposed to think? I can just imagine that conversation. You like girls, but not like that? Wait, you like them...sexually? Really? But you don't want to "be" with a girl. But you can imagine having sex with one? But you don't have feelings for girls like "that?" And sometimes you find yourself sexually attracted to a friend who you are also close to, but can't stand the thought of the two overlapping? And you say you love me, huh? I'm done...

I am truly afraid of that. I love my boyfriend so much. I don't want to do anything to ruin what we have, but how long can I really go on like this? Should I go on like this? Honestly, what is the right thing to do? Sometimes I feel like I will be stuck like this forever...I hope not. I just want to feel normal again.


No comments:

Post a Comment